How to display chinese in foobar 0.9.1?
May 9, 2006 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tyloh73

100+ Head-Fier
anyone know how to display chinese in foobar?unlike ver.0.8.3,now i can't choose to set playlist font.

thanx.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm guessing that you have an english copy of xp. To display chinese characters is not a foobar2000 setting. You can install these characters by going to control panel, regional settings and selecting the languages tab. From there select install east asian languages. You might be prompted for the xp disc to install them.

May 9, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 6
If other applications (other than browsers) can display chinese properly then this may not help you... Similar to what lordgibbness suggested, go to Control Panel --> Region and Language Settings -->

Either HKSAR or Taiwan should work. If you've done both of what lordgibbness and I said, it should work already. I have no problem switching from 0.83 to 0.9.1 and both displayed Chinese properly without any additional setup.

May 9, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Shouldn't be needed as fb2k is a unicode compatible program in this case.

That option will be for ASCII-only programs. Chinese (PRC) would be the one you want for Mandarin (as I'm sure you're aware).

May 9, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 6
o oops... I just do everything about displaying Chinese characters when I got my computer and didn't choose Unicode or non-Unicode programs... I guess most programs are Unicode nowadays.... Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back