How to dampen Fostex FE126 bass reflex enclosure?
Mar 24, 2011 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mralexosborn

Headphoneus Supremus
I am finishing my build tomorrow. I have three sides of each done. The speakers are built close to what the stock Fostex design is. 

I bought lots of 1/2 inch acoustic foam but I don't know what sides I should put it on within the speaker. I can't really test and see since I am gluing the top on to seal it and the foam is adhesive backed. 
So where am I supposed to put the acoustic foam in a small BR design?

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I am finishing my build tomorrow. I have three sides of each done. The speakers are built close to what the stock Fostex design is. 

I bought lots of 1/2 inch acoustic foam but I don't know what sides I should put it on within the speaker. I can't really test and see since I am gluing the top on to seal it and the foam is adhesive backed. 
So where am I supposed to put the acoustic foam in a small BR design?

Hold the cabinet together with masking tape or clamps while you tweak the stuffing. 

You should be able to get your hand through a 1/2tice hole, and can probably work something out with stuffing the box if you want to change it after you seal it up. 

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 7
but a 1/2inch foam for a 10cm speaker's baffle? leaves so little space after that.
thats not really to dampen but rather eliminate resonances. in my experience i just fill the top 2/3 of the baffle with medium mass felt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back