How to "damage" earphones?
Oct 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kecupochren

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, first of all, don't judge me please :D

Few months ago my Monster Miles Davis Tributes broke, so I sent them back and I was 100% sure that I will get a refund, as they didn't have any MDTs for sale on their website. However, during those few days when the package was traveling to France, they got a restock and therefore, they sent me a new pair. Problem is that meanwhile, as I was sure I will get a refund, I bought myself Sennheiser IE80s.

As I enjoy IE80s a bit more then MDTs, I would like to get a refund for my MDTs, as I firstly thought I will. To be able to do that, I have to "fake" that they broke and send them to France once more and finally, get a refund since they wont have any MDTs for sale in future.

So my question is, how can I do that? I guess giving one headphone a bath would do the trick, but I think that they would find out.
Any ideas? ^^

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 9
Monster is an extremely nasty company but even so faking that they broke is completely unethical.  Sorry, but you can't put up a post of this nature and use "...don't judge me please" as a get out of jail free card.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 9
I understand that it is unethical and wrong on so many levels, but you have to bear in mind that 280€ is not "just a few euros", especially for a university student. I haven't bought them from Monster btw, I bought them from Pixmania.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #5 of 9
Just resell them on ebay, and take the little bit of loss in the shorts.

Learn a lesson, and don't count your IEMs before they are hatched.

Jim

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Like Turf said (never thought I'd be saying that 
wink.gif
) resale them, you'll take a little bit of a loss but its better than nothing.

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 9
If the MDT's that you recieved from them in return are new, unused, then sell them on ebay/amazon/headfi or other places in that condition- new. You'll make most of the money.

What you suggest is unethical- but that isn't the biggest problem. It probably won't work- I mean they will just send you a replacement of them like they did in this case and what's the point. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back