How to cure a headband that is too large? (D2000)
Jun 24, 2007 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

thread

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm seriously having second thoughts on selling the D2000's too soon. I knew they were something special, but I became frustrated with the headband perhaps a bit too quickly. In their smallest setting, the cups droop a bit low on my ears -- just low enough to really cause it to bother me.

I was able to cure this by taping some paper towel underneath the headband, but it was only a matter of time before the tape becomes sticky. It wasn't the prettiest mod, either. (itsborken, fret not; I was obviously careful not to damage them at all.
wink.gif
)

I'm thinking something along the lines of the pad thingies like on my HD600's? Would I want to take them to a professional tailor? Does anybody have any good ideas for some type of proper solution to this problem?

Jun 24, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 14
I've had my D2k's for a couple days now and the more I handle them, the more I would like the "leather" to be more durable. I feel like I'm going to tear the earpads or headband. I was thinking of getting the Beyer leather headband...I think it might fit. I was also wondering if the Beyer earpads would fit on the Denons.
Does anyone know if one can buy the leather headband alone, from Beyer? I know you can't buy the earpads separtely.

Jun 24, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm seriously having second thoughts on selling the D2000's too soon. I knew they were something special, but I became frustrated with the headband perhaps a bit too quickly. In their smallest setting, the cups droop a bit low on my ears -- just low enough to really cause it to bother me.

I was able to cure this by taping some paper towel underneath the headband, but it was only a matter of time before the tape becomes sticky. It wasn't the prettiest mod, either. (itsborken, fret not; I was obviously careful not to damage them at all.
wink.gif
)

I'm thinking something along the lines of the pad thingies like on my HD600's? Would I want to take them to a professional tailor? Does anybody have any good ideas for some type of proper solution to this problem?

I use the headband pads from the HD580/600 under my RS1 headband. It works well to take up the extra space. I use velcro to hold it on. That way it can easily be removed if I ever sell it & someone else doesn't need or want it. It looks good & allows them to fit my head. You can order the replacement pads from the Senn web site. You can also buy the Beyer leather wraparound pad directly from Beyer. If you do a search here you'll find the part # you need from Beyer & the phone number to order it.

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the headband pads from the HD580/600 under my RS1 headband. It works well to take up the extra space. I use velcro to hold it on. That way it can easily be removed if I ever sell it & someone else doesn't need or want it. It looks good & allows them to fit my head. You can order the replacement pads from the Senn web site. You can also buy the Beyer leather wraparound pad directly from Beyer. If you do a search here you'll find the part # you need from Beyer & the phone number to order it.

Brilliant thoughts. I might needs to give hte D2k's another chance...

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 14
heres what i did..i put on my beyer dt770/80 old version headband on the d2000

i have to put 2-3 more clicks to fit it into my head..so i guess it should be good for you and they feel better and look nicer too

Beyer Headband on D2000

Jun 24, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heres what i did..i put on my beyer dt770/80 old version headband on the d2000

i have to put 2-3 more clicks to fit it into my head..so i guess it should be good for you and they feel better and look nicer too

Beyer Headband on D2000

Wow! That looks perfect! Now to find one of those..... I'll ask beyerdynamic.

Jun 24, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 14
That certainly looks quite good. I'll have to see how my D2000's will fit once I get them sometimes this week.

Jun 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 14
Also, thanks for the link nickknutson!

Jun 24, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #12 of 14
Thanks for the info. I have a small head and this will be beneficial for me. Now I don't have to worry about the D2k's headband being too big. Sweet~

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #14 of 14
OK I feel silly. I'm going to need to give the D2000's another try. This time with a proper solution for the headband.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back