How to create "text-cd"?
Jan 26, 2004 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ari

500+ Head-Fier
Any help on creating "text-CDs"? How can I mix music and text for displaying tune information on the CDP?

Thanks

Ari

Jan 26, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi Ari, do you have nero 6? I use it and its very easy to do with that software, I can name the cd and have it displayed on my standalone player.

If you happen to have nero give me a pm and I will be happy to guide you through it.

Jan 27, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 8
Hey Spent&Bent !!

Thanks for your reply ! I have Nero in my office comp. I will check the version and PM you.

Best

Ari

Jan 27, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 8
one tip.. in nero..do NOT use the wizard..it will not allow for cd-text... just go to the normal opening screen...create audio cd and check the cd-text box

Jan 27, 2004 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 8
An alternative -- I use Exact Audio Copy, which has a pretty devoted following around here. Just be sure to enable all the CD-TEXT options in your install, and it should work fine.

Couple of tips:
1. Make sure your CD recorder has CD-TEXT writing capability.
2. Make sure your CD player can display CD-TEXT.
3. Use the CDDB feature of EAC to download all the CD info so you don't have to type it in yourself.

Jan 27, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 8
I've been using Nero 5 and I seem to get text CDs. I didn't know I was until I played a copy of an HDCD in my new CDP and there was text! The original didn't have text, but the copy did, and it was also HDCD.
So, there is a check box in Nero? I will look for that and uncheck it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back