How to convert my old MiniDiscs to MP3 to my MP3-player?
Mar 14, 2005 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gtgt

New Head-Fier
Is there an easy wau to convert all my MiniDiscs that I have had since my second gen. Sony MZ R2.
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to listen to my old Minidiscs
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
280smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
lambda.gif
eggosmile.gif
confused.gif

Thanks for the help and great site.

Mar 14, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtgt
Is there an easy wau to convert all my MiniDiscs that I have had since my second gen. Sony MZ R2.
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to listen to my old Minidiscs
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
280smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
lambda.gif
eggosmile.gif
confused.gif

Thanks for the help and great site.

Do you have a Soundcard with Line-In (Analog)?

Mar 15, 2005 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 9
The best way is with a MD deck that has a digital out. You record this using a soundcard that has S/PDIF in. Split the tracks, convert format etc.

This is what I do to gigs I've recorded on my portable MD recorder.

Note the recording is in real time, so I'd say no there isn't an "easy way"
plainface.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 9
yup, there's a way. you can buy one of the new units that have HiMD. those units will give you the capability of uploading your files straight to your computer digitally (yup, not real time anymore). once your files are in your computer, you can convert it to whatever format you want that your mp3 player supports. hope that helps.

Mar 15, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina
yup, there's a way. you can buy one of the new units that have HiMD. those units will give you the capability of uploading your files straight to your computer digitally (yup, not real time anymore). once your files are in your computer, you can convert it to whatever format you want that your mp3 player supports. hope that helps.

No, that will not work because HiMD will only upload music recorded in HiMD mode. The person who asked a question has his music recorded in SP.

Mar 16, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #6 of 9
ohhhh that sucks. i thought it was possible. i havn't been checking my t-board facts for quite awhile. anyway, i just checked into it at the portal and found this:

Quote:

Sony has stated that only analog-source recordings created on Hi-MD equipment will be eligible for upload.

sigh. the atrac tech may seem to evolve but it's painstalkingly slow. at least it hasn't died yet after the speedy dev of other audio formats.

Mar 16, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina
ohhhh that sucks. i thought it was possible. i havn't been checking my t-board facts for quite awhile. anyway, i just checked into it at the portal and found this:

sigh. the atrac tech may seem to evolve but it's painstalkingly slow. at least it hasn't died yet after the speedy dev of other audio formats.

You can convert optical recordings to wavs, so no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back