How to convert movies/video to watch on IPOD?
Dec 11, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #16 of 27
If you have nero go with that. It's good and depending on the profile you use it can be quite a bit faster than Videora in my experience.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #17 of 27
I downloaded Videora-seems quite simple to use.
Now-how do I rip a DVD onto my computer??

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Total Video Converter 3.1.

Works quickly and efficiently, "out of the box", and has presets for mobile devices like my Zune and the iPod. Supports and takes advantage of multiple core processors.

x2 i use this aswell
but i also started to use videora more recently
only problem is cant use videora for tv shows and i cant figure out a way to add a whole batch of videos to queue instead of just one at a time, which for movies is fine but for tv shows, forget it.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I downloaded Videora-seems quite simple to use.
Now-how do I rip a DVD onto my computer??

Read the guide. They tell you to use DVD Decrypter. I don't know if that is the best option.

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #26 of 27
Sorry to kick this somewhat old thread but I've been having a little trouble with this. I got an iPod Nano for Christmas and have been playing around with video.

I've tried both the Handbrake + DVD43 and the DVD Decrypter + Videora combos and was able to get both working. I had some problems with a disc using Handbrake, where the rip and conversion seemed to work but the iPod wouldn't accept the file. Subsequently, I went to the DVD Decrypter/Videora combo for a few conversions.

However, I noticed I started getting a BSOD with the error message "Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error." I deleted all of the programs and the error stopped but it caused other problems, such as windows installer trying to continuously start up and then interminable times for the computer to boot and load up.

I've solved all of my issues and the computer seems to be running OK now but I'm reluctant to install any of these programs again. Has anyone had any computer problems related to these video ripper and encoding programs? Are any more stable or cause less conflicts than the others? I love having movies on my Nano but not at the expense of an unusable PC.

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #27 of 27
Did you try the combination of DVD decrypter + Handbreak?

I would advise you to give DVD decrypter another try. I've never had any issues and it's the best app to get a DVD on your harddrive and used by a lot of people. If it had severe bugs, they should be well known.

To transcode a DVD for your iPod, Handbreak is the best choice. It uses x264, a very good and actively developed codec, and can add chapters to the video file based on the DVD chapters, a must feature for long movies.
Never had any bluescreens with handbreak, running on Windows XP Home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back