How to connect SVS SB2000 with Audioengine A5
Nov 26, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 7
I would assume you would run an analog stereo cable from the source, to the RCA inputs on the SVS SB 2000.
Then run RCA from the SB 2000 RCA line-output, to the RCA line-input, on the A5.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 7
I would assume you would run an analog stereo cable from the source, to the RCA inputs on the SVS SB 2000.
Then run RCA from the SB 2000 RCA line-output, to the RCA line-input, on the A5.

Thank you - is it also fine to run a RCA from source (ZxR sound card) to the SB 2000? Or are there other types of cables that would provide better performance?

Nov 26, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #4 of 7
Nov 27, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 7
I would suggest using Monoprice "premium" RCA cables (good price per cable).
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5346

Thank you.

And sorry but just to clarify, the connection between my soundcard (Creative ZxR) and SB2000 will be with a single male stereo RCA, and the connection between the SB2000 and A5 will be a dual male stereo RCA?

Currently my connection from Soundblaster to A5 is via dual male stereo TRS cables (so I'll in place buy dual male stereo RCA cables).

So if the above is the correct understanding, a single RCA cable is used b/w the sound card and sub, so only either of the L or R line-in input on the SB2000 needs to be be used (not both)? Even though one input is used, this will be a stereo signal input into the SB2000? Which can then output a stereo signal to the A5s? This would mean I'd need a dual (rather than single) RCA cable from SB2000 to A5 right (since A5 has 2 inputs for L and R channel)?

Thank you! Just really trying to wrap my head around this.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you.
And sorry but just to clarify, the connection between my sound card (Creative ZxR) and SB2000 will be with a single male stereo RCA, and the connection between the SB2000 and A5 will be a dual male stereo RCA?
Currently my connection from Sound Blaster to A5 is via dual male stereo TRS cables (so I'll in place buy dual male stereo RCA cables).
So if the above is the correct understanding, a single RCA cable is used b/w the sound card and sub, so only either of the L or R line-in input on the SB2000 needs to be be used (not both)? Even though one input is used, this will be a stereo signal input into the SB2000? Which can then output a stereo signal to the A5s? This would mean I'd need a dual (rather than single) RCA cable from SB2000 to A5 right (since A5 has 2 inputs for L and R channel)?
Thank you! Just really trying to wrap my head around this.
To clarify.
Two RCA cables from the SB-ZxR to the SVS 2000, then two RCA cables from the SVS 2000 to the A5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back