How to connect speakers since the Optical Out is being used for the headphones.
Jan 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Geruvah

100+ Head-Fier
Will I have to buy a new amp or DAC that'll switch between the two? Right now it's:

Mac Pro Optical Out -> Keces DA-151 DAC -> Cayin HA-1A -> Sennheiser HD-650

And at the sidelines, waiting to come in is a pair of Swan T200b speakers...unless you can think of a pair that would be better for the price.

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 5
How does your DAC connect to the amp? If it's via RCA cables, you could buy a pair of RCA splitters to send the audio to both amp and speakers (assuming those speakers are active speakers and accept RCA)?

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Doesn't your Cayin HA-1A  , have rca/preamp output???

Yes. It does have separate RCA outputs for speakers, but I've heard it's so-so in quality. It may be a temporary solution until I get a new amp. If I go that route, I guess I just have to unplug the headphones when I want to listen to the speakers and..unplug the speakers when I want to listen to the headphone?

Quote:
How does your DAC connect to the amp? If it's via RCA cables, you could buy a pair of RCA splitters to send the audio to both amp and speakers (assuming those speakers are active speakers and accept RCA)?

Yep. I didn't think of RCA splitters (yes these are active speakers and accept RCA, but they're both dual monitor and have their own separate volume knob) but I think the remote will help with manipulating volume. I'll probably buy a separate amp for the speakers if I do that. But would that end up hurting sound quality? Don't think it would, but maybe it can.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Quote:
Doesn't your Cayin HA-1A  , have rca/preamp output???

Yes. It does have separate RCA outputs for speakers, but I've heard it's so-so in quality. It may be a temporary solution until I get a new amp. If I go that route, I guess I just have to unplug the headphones when I want to listen to the speakers and..unplug the speakers when I want to listen to the headphone?

you can probley leave the speakers plugged in all the time, just turn off the speakers or mute them when you want to listen to the headphones , it depends how the Cayin HA-1A works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back