How to connect headphones to my Strdh 190 receiver
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cachedbrown

New Head-Fier
Ok this is going to be a bit weird. I have a vinyl player that I connect to my Strdh 190 receiver to use as a pre amp. I then use RCA connectors to connect them to my speaker. I just ordered the DCA E3 and wanted to see if I could listen to my vinyl player through them instead of my speakers. There’s a 1/4” headphone port on the receiver, I don’t know how many ohms it is but from what I read online typically receivers have really high ohms. From what I understand this means unless my headphones also have really high resistance(which they don’t) I will hear a lot of distortion. Now I did also get a topping G5 to use as a dac/amp for my headphones. It has a 3.5 mm LINE in port. Could I in theory get a 3.5mm to 1/4inch connector cable and attach my receiver to my topping g5 in order to listen to my vinyl player? I’m not sure if that’s how it works, any help would be appreciated.

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I have a G5, get Yougreen double RCA to 3.5mm male and it'll work. I've tried 3 other brands and the yougreen had the lowest noise floor. The output impedance of your receiver likely is pretty high. The ohm rating of your headphones has to be 8 times higher or it changes the sound, and it's always for the worse. 250ohm or higher wouldn't have any problem though.
The G5 is amazing but the limit will be the connector if you get noise from it.

Mar 26, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 3
I have a G5, get Yougreen double RCA to 3.5mm male and it'll work. I've tried 3 other brands and the yougreen had the lowest noise floor. The output impedance of your receiver likely is pretty high. The ohm rating of your headphones has to be 8 times higher or it changes the sound, and it's always for the worse. 250ohm or higher wouldn't have any problem though.
The G5 is amazing but the limit will be the connector if you get noise from it.
Awesome thanks for the help. So I’d use the Ugreen cable to connect the RCA from my receiver to the LINE in on my G5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back