How to connect Chord Mojo to IMac and Stax 323s
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd like to get a Chord Mojo. I have a 2012 IMac desktop, a Stax SR-507, and a Stax SRM-323s driver energizer (electrostatic headphone set-up). Could you please let me know the best way to connect these devices for the best audio? If you have any information about specific brands of interconnections, please let me know. Thank you.

Nov 22, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 8
I'd like to get a Chord Mojo. I have a 2012 IMac desktop, a Stax SR-507, and a Stax SRM-323s driver energizer (electrostatic headphone set-up). Could you please let me know the best way to connect these devices for the best audio? If you have any information about specific brands of interconnections, please let me know. Thank you.

{{{burp!!!}}}

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 8
From you iMac, use a USB cable connect to Chord Mojo USB input. Now your music files are transferred to the Mojo in digital signal (1 and 0). Then turn your Mojo to line out mode (constant 3V output) by holding on both volume power when turning on the Mojo. Both the volume buttons should turn blue. I always use RCA cable to connect DAC to Stax electrostatic amp / driver energizer. You can consider ALO audio Green Line with one end RCA and the other end 3.5mm. The 3.5mm side will pick up analogue signal from Mojo and transfer to Stax driver energizer. Then the energizer will amplify the signal and transfer to your headphone. :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 8

Your 2012 iMac has a Optical SPDIF out via the headphone jack. You can connect the Mojo via a Mini Toslink to Regular Toslink Cable. This is the best method since the Mojo reclocks SPDIF and will sound perfect with budget optical cables. Optical is recommended by Chord as best sounding connection. If you want the "best" sound I would recommend Kimber Select RCA cables. All Kimbers sound good though, they just scale down with price. Stay away from silver anything with a STAX unit, stick with copper. You can use a small RCA/3.5m adapter to connect RCA cables to mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back