How to connect AV710 and PA2V2
Nov 20, 2006 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MarkKLC

Head-Fier
I should be receiving my PA2V2 in a few days, and was wondering which jack of the AV710 I should be connecting to. Right now, I'm using the black Wolfson DAC jack connected to my SR60's unamped.

With the PA2V2, should I just connect to the green jack?

Also, I was wondering whether a better cable/interconnect will actually result in better sound to a relatively untrained ear like mine? I'm currently using a really cheap dollar store headphone extension cord, and also plan on using the interconnect that comes with the PA2V2.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 20, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 3
if your listening with headphones, use the surround out (wolfsen dac black socket that you are currently using).

ie, move your Headphones to the pa2v2.

I have the av710 and the best sound is out the black surround connector with my 'desktop cmoy' - soon to be soha amp, use foobar2000 with configuration for 'DSP output to 'KS - kernel streaming', add the crossover module, with your headamp & SR60's will get a massive boost in clarity and volume, but don't be suckered in by the 'loud is clearer' business, but it should make a hughe difference to those can's going through a headamp, as the av710 output is basically not much more than a line output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back