How To Connect 2 Things To Speaker Output From Amp?
Oct 1, 2003 at 4:56 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
He said that? I must have missed it. But okay, assuming I even did want to take that route, how do I send the signal from my source to TWO different amps?

His answer to the problem, not to your question. And, splitter. (Actually, what he did is, he used the analog outs from his transport, which was feeding an Art DI/O for one of his other systems.) See Are you addicted to buying audio equipment? thread. Hirsch's answer: No, I can stop anytime.

EDIT: I should probably stop speaking for Hirsch and let him speak for himself.

Oct 1, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

how do I send the signal from my source to TWO different amps?

I have an extra pair of these splitters from Vampire if you want to try them.

yf.jpg

Oct 15, 2003 at 9:21 AM Post #18 of 23
It took some digging on the AKG site, but there is a selector designed for the K-1000s. Go to the K-1000 page and click Optional Accessories. [I tried adding a link here but for some reason it wouldn't work]. I have no idea how much it costs or who sells the damn thing--my searches have turned up nothing. We're both in the same boat [same amp, in fact]. Please let me know should you come up with anything.

Oct 15, 2003 at 9:32 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
Greetings all,

I just managed to pick up a pair of AKG 1000's [...] I ALSO have a pair of speakers on the way that will need to be connected to the amplifier too. Obviously, there is only one set of speaker connections on the amp. How can I effectively handle this? Is there a high quality but reasonably priced a/b speaker selector switchbox, or what would be my best option. [...]

You may want to have a look at the "K-1000 Selector" from AKG. It's a heavy-duty switch that's doing exactly (and exclusively) what you require.

Oct 15, 2003 at 9:40 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
Nightfall: Don't worry - if you have a pair of 8 Ohm speakers and the K1000 (120 Ohm), the total impedance won't drop to 4 Ohm, only to 7.5 Ohm, which should hardly make any difference.

I second that, and I would like to add that this drop in total impedance will only occur when switching on both the speakers and the headphones simulltaneously. When the speakers are switched off, the total impedance will be 120 Ohms; when the headphones are switched off, the total impedance will remain 8 Ohms.

Oct 15, 2003 at 10:13 AM Post #22 of 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back