How to Configure Asus Essence STX II 7.1 PCI-E Soundcard as an Active Stereo Crossover for 3 Way Speakers
Jul 16, 2020 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AudioEarthling

New Head-Fier
Could this Asus STX II 7.1 (main card plus expansion card) be used as an active crossover for driving a stereo 3 way speaker system with 3 stereo amplifiers?

My question is, is there a way to configure this card to work as a high fidelity Digital to Analog crossover that outputs 6 channels like this:

LL: Low Left (20 - 300 Hz) ---__ Rear Left RCA
LR: Low Right (20 - 300 Hz) ---__ Rear Right RCA

ML: Mid Left (300 Hz - 3Khz) __---__ Front Left RCA
MR: Mid Right (300 Hz - 3Khz) __---__ Front Right RCA

HL: High Left (3Khz - 20Khz) __--- Side Left RCA
HR: High Right (3Khz - 20 Khz) __--- Side Left RCA

If such a thing would be possible, then the Digital signal from the computer needs to be converted only once to analog via this 7.1 soundcard, and the three pairs (Low, Mid and High) could each go to three identical amplifiers after which the signales can go directly to the speakers, bypassing the analogue crossovers entirely.

In theorie this should be possible, with software.

But is it actually possible in reality??

- If not, then why not? Prove why its not possible.
- If yess, then in what way(s) you think it could/might?
- If you have any ideas or suggestions or tips, you are most welcome to share!

asus-xonar-essence-stx-ii-71.jpg

24bc18cb21c38604824f5821c073b6eb.jpg

gasc-082_gasc_082_8g_800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 3
please dont use this card in windows 10 the drivers are outdated and you might end up in blue screen error or audio issue use external dac i used it now i sold on ebay go for creative zxr or ae-9 if u still prefer sound card creative ZXR is launced on the same year when asus launched Essence STX ii but no support the product is EOL now

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 3
please dont use this card in windows 10 the drivers are outdated and you might end up in blue screen error or audio issue use external dac i used it now i sold on ebay go for creative zxr or ae-9 if u still prefer sound card creative ZXR is launced on the same year when asus launched Essence STX ii but no support the product is EOL now

Hello and thank you very much for your post. Indeed the Asus Essence STX ii appears to be not any more supported. Forget about Windows 10.
I decided in the end to find an analogue 3 way crossover, so that I can turn the dials in real time while listening to music. The project is still a dream :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back