How to Clean UE700's?
Dec 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ansextra

Head-Fier
I just purchased a pair of UE700's (which I love) but apparently they don't come with a cleaning kit.
If I look at the tip of the earbud itself there is a green material in the end but I don't know what it's made out of so I'm wary of using my old Super Fi 5 Pro cleaning kit on it.
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks.!

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 8
thats called wax.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 8
Considering I've used the earbuds for a total of 3 hours (maybe) I sincerely doubt it. Also, considering it's an extremely bright green I also doubt it.
I just want to know the procedure for cleaning the earbuds.
Thanks.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 8
It could possibly be oxidation. These things are so small it's hard to tell WHAT material is inside...
confused_face.gif

If it's oxidation I'm sure it won't affect the sound.
In any case, I'm assuming that sooner or later there will be a wax buildup like I used to get on my SF5 Pros and just want to be proactive and be prepared to clean it when it happens.
Thanks!

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Honestly, it's the filter. I bought mine brand new and the green was there from the start. It's somewhat of a mesh but very tightly dont because you cannot see through it at all. It's stuck in and there is no way to remove it.

The way the 700's are, using comply tips the only cleaning I've had to do is blow any wax away. None has stayed on the filter at all. I've had then for about 6 months and sound quality has not got down at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back