How to clean triflange sleeves?
Jun 16, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 9
It can be done.

Soak them in hydrogen peroxide for a couple hours.

Jun 16, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 9
Peroxide is available at ANY pharmacy or for that matter most Food and cosmetic retailers. I would not soak for a really long time as it is a type of bleaching agent (think hair).

Jun 16, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 9
yeah, it's a bleaching agent, but the 5% solution you get at the drug store is no more likely to eat the silicone of the flange than it is to eat the plastic bottle it comes in.

I bought my er-6i used and sterilized the flanges it came with in peroxide. In an hour they looked like new. The peroxide completely dissolves the earwax and skin oils, and it's death on germs too.

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, it's a bleaching agent, but the 5% solution you get at the drug store is no more likely to eat the silicone of the flange than it is to eat the plastic bottle it comes in.

I bought my er-6i used and sterilized the flanges it came with in peroxide. In an hour they looked like new. The peroxide completely dissolves the earwax and skin oils, and it's death on germs too.

I usually wash them with warm water and soft soap before immersing the tips in hydrogen peroxide.

Jun 17, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually wash them with warm water and soft soap before immersing the tips in hydrogen peroxide.

I was kinda surprised to discover that pre-washing them isn't really needed.

Have you found them not really getting clean with just the peroxide bath?

Jun 17, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #9 of 9
Warm water and dish washing detergent is what I use.

BTW, there have been about 1,000,000,000,000 threads about this very question, did you even try to search?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back