How to clean the eartips???
Dec 26, 2005 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jacquer

100+ Head-Fier
Just want to ask how you guys clean your eartips...I've found out that after a few months of using the triflanges on er-4p's they have started to change their original colour
etysmile.gif
and washing them in a soap-water doesn't help much. How long do you use the same pair of the foams ?? For me, the average lifetime is about 2 weeks of continues using (few hours per day), after that time they get smaller and deformed so much that there's no isolation anymore and the sound is worse. Feel free to share your experience with cleaning the eartips!!
etysmile.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Soak the tri-flanges in Hydrogen Peroxide, this works very well. As for the foamies, Hydrogen Peroxide is no good, but I'm guessing just some plain old soap and water like you suggested should do it. What kind of soap did you use? If you used hand soap, perhaps you need dish soap like Joy or Dawn, something more heavy-duty.

Dec 26, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 4
you need detergent to really get rid of ear wax. soap doesn't, well, cut it. detergent was originally formulated as a grease remover. that's why your skin feels weird after washing dishes (ok, so i don't mean sticking them in the dishwasher); the detergent has removed not only the food greases from your dinner plate, but also the surface oils from your skin.

i clean my ER4S silicone tips at the end of the day. and keep a pair of tips ready to go if i guessed wrong (about it being the end of the day).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back