How to clean RCA jacks, power jacks, etc. & Conductivity Enhancers
Dec 21, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
If anyone's interested in making a homebrew version of Deoxit, the active ingredient is 5% naptha (aka. lighter fluid). Mix that with rubbing alcohol, and apply with Q-tips.

Art: Thanks.

Always wondered about that.

Jun 10, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Hell yeah!
Caig Deoxit and Progold are the best.

The only thing I would suggest other than what Oski suggested is to use the version that comes in the needle dispenser, or brush.
Sprays (unless you absolutely can't use any other form) are very wasteful, messy and you'll use it up too quick.

This kit costs a bit more but will last you forever.

Todd, thanks for the tip. Just ordered the package you recommended.

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by hansel_ng
has anyone tried contact cleaner? would it work well?

I'm curious about this too. I've had dealers who use some Phillip contacts cleaner to clean their RCAs. On what equipment I have no idea though.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #34 of 36
Hi,
I have been searching for a homemade rca cleaning formula and have been thinking of using 99% isopropyl for cleaning and finishing with a pure silicone dielectric to act as a conductive lubricant. However yours seems interesting and low cost. Does Deoxit list ingredients on there products? Are there any risks in using naptha?
Thanks,
Henry Rancourt

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #36 of 36
Hi,
I have been looking for a home brew and yours is interesting. Does deoxit list its ingredients anywhere? I had been thinking of using 91% isopropyl to clean and a pure silicone dielectric as a lubricant. Are there any risks using naptha?
Thanks,
Henry Rancourt 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back