How to clean Headphones Velours
Aug 27, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #62 of 74

I used some zip ties and hung them on the front of my pedestal fan, cranked that baby up on "high" and left them for an hour.  Dry as can be.

Cooling and drying on a hot day: two birds with one stone! I like it!

That and it also solves the problem of "drying" the pads by pressing them onto dry towels, which does introduce stress onto the foam.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #64 of 74
My Ear pads are the same as when I first got them and they are 3 years old... but then again they are gel, and gel is to be exalted.

Anyway, My buddy who mostly just cares for comfort and durability, he has velour pads that are 5 years old, and still in pretty good condition. he wipes them off with a baby wipe daily making sure they are dry after wiping them off. For the most part they are a tad flatter/stiffer AND they smell like baby wipes, but other then that they're the same.

(My Gel Ear Pads: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076N9LM2
these pads are not the right shape nor size for my headphones but they fit and super comfy)

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #67 of 74
 I have a house in Phoenix, Arizona that needs to be sold since I relocated for my job.  
wink_face.gif
  Doesn't get much warmer than that.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #68 of 74
  My Ear pads are the same as when I first got them and they are 3 years old... but then again they are gel, and gel is to be exalted.

(My Gel Ear Pads: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076N9LM2
these pads are not the right shape nor size for my headphones but they fit and super comfy)

Do you have some rough measurements for these gel pads?  I have some TDK ST750 headphones that have pleather pads and they are pretty uncomfortable, they are oval like this and look to be the same size as the Sony MDR-7506 or Beyerdynamic DT250 pads and was thinking of getting the velour replacements.  But those gels look comfortable and I wouldn't lose a whole lot in the sound department, I don't think.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #69 of 74
MEASUREMENTS:
W - 8cm
L - 10cm

...But those gels look comfortable and I wouldn't lose a whole lot in the sound department, I don't think.

They are indeed EXTREMELY comfortable, but they don't let your ears breath at all if your headphones are closed. so every couple of hours you need take them off and let your ears breath again. Personally I can go 3-4 hours without taking them off, but I only need take them off for 2-3 minutes. And they get hot in warmer weather, but that part does not bug me at all, though it might bug you.

If your using pleather now, the sound will change but not much. Velour would completely throw your sound around. Gel pads seal better then pleather pads. Meaning your sound will be contained better, especially bass.

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #70 of 74
  Personally I can go 3-4 hours without taking them off, but I only need take them off for 2-3 minutes. 

I have a 20 month old daughter, I don't even get 3-4 hours in a day to listen to headphones, let alone in a single stretch.

Thanks for the measurements, they look like they are the same size.  I might have to give them a shot.

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #73 of 74
You know, I never got a chance to try them. Might have to order some now that you have brought this thread back to mind. I have been using a couple of different headphones but I still really like the TDKs.

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #74 of 74
@Kylv Well link still there, when you get them, try them. i already informed you of their pros and cons. plz do give thoughts after use. Gel is amazing after all and is to be exalted. if they they are a tad tight to put on, they do stretch a bit. (i had to stretch them to get them on my PRO700MK2s)

oh and if you think the earpads are getting stiffer, they're not. your just getting used to them. and by then other earpads start to feel stiff unless they're beyerdynamic soft, then they just feel normal soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back