How to clean Future Sonic Atrio M5. (+ Upgrade question)
Apr 24, 2008 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

don_lee103

Head-Fier
Hey guys,
It's been a while since I visited here for a recommendation.
biggrin.gif
I have been very content with my first experience in high quality in-ear buds. One day, while I was listening to music, I found some dirty residue in the headphone.
I don't know if you guys know but for M5s there is a hard clear plastic thats protecting the wire at the entrance to the bud. Because I used to use this at the gym often, I think my sweat have gone under it thus making it look all nasty.
I can't find a solution to clean this thing other than cutting the plastic to do so. But, they seems to be there for a purpose, to make sure the cable doesn't get disconnected.
What should I do? Can I send it away for a replacement? (Warranty?)

Also, as I have been using this bud for years, I think I am ready to upgrade. I have been particularly happy with M5's bass response. Please let me know what's reasonable for me. I think I can shell out up to $300. (I almost purchased the Shure SE530 but after hearing that the bass is not as strong as mine, I passed on a deal. What do you guys think about SE530?)

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 5
in all honesty it seems bass is a priority to you, and there really isnt anything out there that is in ear that can beat the atrio's.

the bass on the se530 is arguably more controlled but its so close its difficult to compare. the se530 are deffinately more rounded with an overall better sound as one would expect, basswise its deffinately brilliant but the atrio are deffinately holding the crown in the bass department

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

in all honesty it seems bass is a priority to you

This is not true. Although I do love the bass, I mostly listen to R&B music but my M5 seems to have some trouble with delivering a clear vocal sound at high & mid.

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #5 of 5
You may want to experiment with some other tips, if you're not using the stock double-flanges. I noticed that with some foamies, especially with the Shure olives, that highs and mids are more suppressed. Complys are a bit better, but still overemphasize the bass, and downplay the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back