How to change the 'Gain' of the Corda Move? (Pics would help)
Nov 30, 2008 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KeItHlOu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I find an imbalance (very little) sound with my Move, the bass and vocal lean forward to the left channel (a bit louder than the right channel)

I've contacted Dr. Meier about this issue and he advance me to modifiy the Gain factor of the amp, I read the user guide but I'm a bit confussed about how to do that by just reading the user gudie.

So, please could anyone who own the Corda Move show me how to do that? Please post the pics of:

High current/ Low gain mode
High current / High gain mode
Low current/ High gain mode
Low current/ Low gain mode

would be fine!

Thanks a lot!
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 7
You need a pincer or a similar tool to move that little white plastic "bridge" to the left or right according to the illustration in the user guide. Sorry, I don't have my 2Move anymore, so I can't take any photos. But I honestly didn't find it hard to do and I am not a DIY guy at all. I just looked closely at the illustration and tried to figure out where I have to put the bridge in order to get the desired setting.

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 7
IIRC, you have to move it two "steps" to the left/right. Are you sure you have done this? Unless your amp isn't faulty, there really shouldn't be any hiss at all, regardless of which current setting you choose.

I think a channel imbalance can only be caused if your amp is set to high gain and you use it with very sensitive IEMs, for instance, so that you reach deafening volumes by barely turning the knob.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IIRC, you have to move it two "steps" to the left/right. Are you sure you have done this? Unless your amp isn't faulty, there really shouldn't be any hiss at all, regardless of which current setting you choose.

I think a channel imbalance can only be caused if your amp is set to high gain and you use it with very sensitive IEMs, for instance, so that you reach deafening volumes by barely turning the knob.

thanks for the help!
I now understand how to change it
beerchug.gif

I use headphones most of the time
beyersmile.png

DR150 and HD600, haha
Anyway, when I change it the high gian, the power is more powerful but I prefer the sound of low gain so I changed it back to low gain again, the imbalance seems gone away!

Thanks for the help!
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm glad that I was able to help.
beyersmile.png

I believe the overall consensus among the Move owners on this forum is that low gain/high current is the best sounding combination you can choose for this amp. If you want to have better battery life, you should go for the low current setting though.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad that I was able to help.
beyersmile.png

I believe the overall consensus among the Move owners on this forum is that low gain/high current is the best sounding combination you can choose for this amp. If you want to have better battery life, you should go for the low current setting though.

I use it as a Desktop amp so AC adaptor all the time = high current
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back