How to carry: iMod + VCap + SR71A/TTVJ PM???
Feb 10, 2009 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ghostmusic

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, I've done a few searches but haven't quite found the answer... I was contemplating just doing the ALO SXC 18 dock for portability's sake, but the Portable VCap with Ken's new special edition interconnects (impressions forthcoming!) just makes so much of a difference! But if I can't find a great solution to carry all this, I'll have to resort to the smaller Blackgate dock for portability.

I've seen pics of Hippo Ampsack that's modded to accommodate amp + VCap, but I haven't received a reply from Jaben about the availability. Can you guys give me some ideas? I just want to put everything together in something that I can affix to the shoulder strap of my messenger bag.

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 10
Strap it to a bottle of hard liquor and put it in a paper bag?

I have no idea, that's a big rig (to me, at least).

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea, that's a big rig (to me, at least).

Thanks for living up to your moniker, i_don't_know. There's no doubt that it's a big rig, and trust me, if it didn't sound as good, I wouldn't even do this. Makes sense to lug it for me, though, because the set-up's just KILLER in my office, where I spend most of the day.

As it is right now, surprisingly, the whole set-up bound by ghetto rubber bands fits in the pockets of my winter parkas and jackets. But once the weather gets better, I need to get something that would attach to the messenger bag I usually sling on my shoulder...

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for living up to your moniker, i_don't_know. There's no doubt that it's a big rig, and trust me, if it didn't sound as good, I wouldn't even do this. Makes sense to lug it for me, though, because the set-up's just KILLER in my office, where I spend most of the day.

As it is right now, surprisingly, the whole set-up bound by ghetto rubber bands fits in the pockets of my winter parkas and jackets. But once the weather gets better, I need to get something that would attach to the messenger bag I usually sling on my shoulder...

Cargo shorts+cable extender?

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 10
I just had a sudden thought. You know how the conventional way of carrying a rig is with all the components stacked? Maybe you could try sewing a sort of long, secure pocket along the shoulder strap of your messenger bag, and put the rig in linearly instead of stacked? It would be relatively discreet (it would just look like the shoulder strap is thick), and if you could somehow stuff the shoulder strap, very comfortable as well.

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just had a sudden thought. You know how the conventional way of carrying a rig is with all the components stacked? Maybe you could try sewing a sort of long, secure pocket along the shoulder strap of your messenger bag, and put the rig in linearly instead of stacked? It would be relatively discreet (it would just look like the shoulder strap is thick), and if you could somehow stuff the shoulder strap, very comfortable as well.

You know what? That's actually a brilliant idea. Maybe I can convince my wife to come up with something like that, since she used to work in fashion. I'll try to come up with something homemade, maybe, and post results for fun.

Lingling, cargo shorts + cable is great but I travel into a law firm in Manhattan daily, so it's a no go...

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I've done a few searches but haven't quite found the answer... I was contemplating just doing the ALO SXC 18 dock for portability's sake, but the Portable VCap with Ken's new special edition interconnects (impressions forthcoming!) just makes so much of a difference! But if I can't find a great solution to carry all this, I'll have to resort to the smaller Blackgate dock for portability.

I've seen pics of Hippo Ampsack that's modded to accommodate amp + VCap, but I haven't received a reply from Jaben about the availability. Can you guys give me some ideas? I just want to put everything together in something that I can affix to the shoulder strap of my messenger bag.

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

I use a pelican 1060 micro case to protect mine. I was looking at the ampsack too; but got exactly the same response as you........nothing. I dont know how they survive over there; i've tried on numerous occasions to enquire about a product only to meet with stone cold silence

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 10
That's crazy, right? I can't believe they can go by ignoring customer e-mails/requests and expect to stay in business for long.

That Peliecan Micro Case looks BIG to me for some reason. Do you have a pic of it with your gear next to it in proportion? Maybe it's just how they took the photo... also, do you just carry it in your hand using that string-loop? And how do you have the headphone cable extend out of the closed case? Sorry for all the questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back