How to burn in my amp properly?
Feb 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

thepredestrian

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got a Predator amp, and I would like to burn it in for another 500 hours at least.

How do I go on about doing it, exactly? Is it just simply playing music through it?

1) Does the gain setting matter?

2) If I play music on my com and connect the Predator as a DAC, will that work as well?

3) What volume should I leave it on?

Thanks guys

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 9
be sure to put it in a fire-safe place, in order for the flames not to propagate

:)

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Just use it normally, play some music and enjoy. Your brain will eventually do all the necessary burn-in.

If you absolutely insist on burning it in, just play some typical music thru it at a normal volume for a few days.
So you will need a source and a pair of headphones.
Personally, I think it will sound as good as it will ever get after 4 hours of burn-in.

I agree with Skamp, most of the burn-in phenomenon has to do with your brain adjusting to your amp.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
I recently got a Predator amp, and I would like to burn it in for another 500 hours at least.

How do I go on about doing it, exactly? Is it just simply playing music through it?

1) Does the gain setting matter?

2) If I play music on my com and connect the Predator as a DAC, will that work as well?

3) What volume should I leave it on?

Which part of your Predator requires burn-in?

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 9
Feb 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #8 of 9
I have always found that leaving it playing at normal volume for 48 hours is enough.Never really heard a difference after that.Can not work out how you can have a good enough memory to remember how it sounded 200 hours ago.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I didn't read any sarcasm into it. How about YOU chill out.

Never mind, I've added him to my "Blocked" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back