i've received the headphone amp.
is this what i do?
1) plug in amp to the 'line out (optical)' as labeled on my Sony d-e999. or should i plug it into the normal headphone part? with or without esp or whatever that stuff is on?
2) plug in my mdr-f1's into the amp
3) turn both on and run for 72 hours or so
is this alrite?
1) does it matter what kind of music i use? should i pick music with alot of highs and lows or does it not matter?
2) how much does runnin the sound through the remote kill the sound? like cdplayer to amp to remote to headphones. should i not bother usin it at all?
Plug the amp into the line out from your player, not the headphone jack, and just start using it. If you want to leave it running for awhile to speed up the process of burn in, thats fine, just do so at the volume you plan on listening at. Don't crank it up too loud. Type of music does not seem to matter , in my exsperience. You may or may not notice a difference after burn in. I recommend too just start using the amp normally as being the best way to burn something in, as opposed to a specific procedure, but opinions vary on that subject.