How to burn-in a newly bought iem?(Ai-m6)...especially Joker I need your help again:P
Dec 15, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 21
Burn in is fine around the clock. I do 100 hours straight sometimes with no issues. As for the hiss, I haven't had my ipod video for a few months but I don't remember it hissing noticeably with any IEMs. The M6 aren't particularly prone to hissing either.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn in is fine around the clock. I do 100 hours straight sometimes with no issues. As for the hiss, I haven't had my ipod video for a few months but I don't remember it hissing noticeably with any IEMs. The M6 aren't particularly prone to hissing either.

so u mean that is weird?
I use my old earphone...no hissing occur...or i should say...there is much less than M6..
actually is hissing a problem?
anyway...thx joker...I really enjoy using m6....sounds great....
howeven I find hard in finding a comfortable ear tip for y right ears= =.....( like left ear sound great....right ear sounds less great> <)

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #18 of 21
hissing usually isnt a problem unless you cant handle it. the only time i ever hear hiss is when im connected to my mp3 player or laptop with the source on but music off. once i play something i cant hear it at all

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #19 of 21
When I bought my phones, I forgot about the burn-in and played only two songs at maximum volume. Now burning in with pink noise with burninwave gen, rest period enabled. Does it damage mine ? What about white noise,... how to use 'em ?

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #20 of 21
Hmmm, that's odd that the M6 hisses with your ipod video. I didn't think the Ipod was a noisy source? For the record, the M6 is better than most iem's for lack of hiss - because it's got low sensitivity along with it's impedance of 16 ohm. I was able to use my M9's (same driver) with my phone, computer and Fiio E5 amp with little to no hiss - I got rid of my Soundmagic PL30's for that reason (12 ohm).

If it's a problem, and it bothers you, you can either try to look at iem's with an impedance of 32 ohm's and up (though that's up a price level usually) - or you might consider buying a resistor to up the impedance. Something like this:

ETYMOTIC ER4P TO ER4S RESISTOR ADAPTOR (3.5MM PLUG) - eBay (item 290372905689 end time Dec-21-09 23:19:18 PST)

However - I don't own the above product, and can't be 100% sure it'll work for you. I've been tempted to buy one to pair with certain noisy sources. The drawback would probably be that you'll need to play your music at a higher volume to overcome the higher impedance.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #21 of 21
Hello Joker or any other IEM supremo :)),

My current rig is Fisher Audio DBA-O2 (mk2) paired with JDS Labs O2. Am looking to upgrade the IEM. My sound preference leans towards analytical, but not overwhelmingly so, hence the thought of upgrading/changing. My current rig is very very analytical. I listen to mostly prog, jazz, rock and some r&b. Source is Ipod Classic and always bit rate 256 and higher. Became interested in Alclair Reference as it seemed to offer a great blend of musicality and detail, and didn't break the bank! Recently am not so sure. Am now considering between Reference, 1964 V3, and Clear Tunes CTM-200.

Happy and grateful for any and all views!!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back