How to " burn-in" a new Pair of Headphones?
Feb 7, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #16 of 36
This seems like a good a thread as any to post a question about burn in. My 650s are coming in tomorrow and I want to burn them in. The problem is my amp probably won't be here til the weekend. Is it okay to burn them in using a headphone jack without an amp? I don't think it'll damage them, but they are 300ohm.

Feb 7, 2005 at 7:12 AM Post #17 of 36
everypair of headphone ive got, namely the 3 i still use. i would listen right away and burn in over night. i was worried about pre burn in sound. and dont consider it burn in time, even though its doing the same thign, since burning i feel applies to un-listened use.

anywho off subject.

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by errorich
This seems like a good a thread as any to post a question about burn in. My 650s are coming in tomorrow and I want to burn them in. The problem is my amp probably won't be here til the weekend. Is it okay to burn them in using a headphone jack without an amp? I don't think it'll damage them, but they are 300ohm.

You won't damage them unless the music is way louder than listening level.

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #19 of 36
Well I'll post my question here too instead of making a new thread.

I'm new at this audio thing, but I read the sticky on top.
I have Shure E2C's coming on Monday for my iRiver H10. I listen to hip hop, techno/trance, and some slow/ballad songs. What would be the best way to burn-in? I've never done it before, but I want my earphones to sound good.

Right now, I'm thinking just play hiphop music at a normal listening level for 48 hours? Should I not play any other type of music while burning in? Also, can anyone give me good songs/sounds to burn in (or where to get it)?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm new at this but want to get it right.

Thanks!!
k1000smile.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #20 of 36
plug them into your computer and use that to burn them in, wont waste batt life.

i would play some bass heavy music for awhile then some classical to take care of high and mids.

lows i can recommend
- Rodney O and DJ Joe Cooley - Everlasting Bass
- DeadPrez - Lets Get Free - 04 - Hip-Hop
and for classical with strings
- Beethoven - 01 - Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61 Pt. 1

or what music you, there are of bass heavy rap tracks out there, just those happen to be 2 of my favs, or get nice a bass attaack cd to use.
same goes for the classical, sub what ever you want.

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #21 of 36
thanks, how long should I do each cycle? Also, would it be alright to just play it on my H10 since I want to listen to music on my comp....

I'll download the songs you recommended. I have most mainstream hip hop with some heavy bass songs. I also have some bass test songs, but I'm not sure if I wanna use them because they have SO much bass.

And I don't know much about classical, so I'll download alot of violin songs. Unless anyone else has a suggestion.

Thanks again

Feb 12, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #22 of 36
every night when i went to sleep i roated the 3 songs i used... just put on loop and sleep
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #23 of 36
What I'm doing with my E2Cs is running shuffle play of the 10 Gigabytes MP3 I have on my computer overnight (all genres, from classic to heavy bass music). I did that ca. 50 hours so far. I think I can stop now. I can't really tell if there is improvement, actually my ears are not trained to "hear".

Feb 12, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #24 of 36
imho e2cs benefit a good amout from burn in, i actually burn mine, but i listen to them daily and over the past 3 months have noticed their changes for the better, smoothed out bass, more impact, less shrill highs, and overall cleaner mids. id say most of it happend round the 50-60 hour time frame.

Feb 12, 2005 at 8:15 AM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by infiskik
imho e2cs benefit a good amout from burn in, i actually burn mine, but i listen to them daily and over the past 3 months have noticed their changes for the better, smoothed out bass, more impact, less shrill highs, and overall cleaner mids. id say most of it happend round the 50-60 hour time frame.

OK so I'd better do one or two more nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back