How to best try IEMs?
Nov 9, 2022 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

IvanE92

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, friends. Curious what's the best way to see if IEMs are for me (and would love to hear your experiences). I live in Northern VA and there aren't any stores locally where I can demo gear. Closest place, I believe, is in New Jersey.

Some context: I'm starting to commute again a few days a week (on public bus), have a nice enough DAP, desire top teir sound quality, and seeking better noise cancelling and portability (and less bleed) than my Focal Stellias.

Problem is, the fit and comfort of universal IEMs concerns me enough to not blindly buy online and (if things don't generally work out as imagined) be forced to pay restocking fees and whatnot. That, and I have no clue how IEMs would compare sonically (e.g., detail, dynamics, soundstage) to my previous, mostly very positive experience with headphones: Stellia, Clear OG, HD660s, and Sundara.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 2
CanJam or a local meet if there are no stores available. TheCableCo has a try before you buy program, but I remember their iem selection being limited... Mostly Audeze, Sennheiser, and Hifiman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back