How to become a particularly "Cool" Headfier
Mar 25, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #106 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*&^%$#@!! This thread is still going?! Did not someone say earlier that we are GEEKS here, and that we therefore can not be cool?? I am not cool, and no amount of
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
can make it so.

Laz

with a slightly smaller post count than me, you are not yet cool, but somehow, the potential dwells in all of us i think. however, the sunglasses are somewhat silly. good luck, we will all attain cooldom dome day

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #108 of 248
Coolness is not something that one learns or may emulate. It comes only from the freeflow of ones very best to those who would approve of it.

Remember that the foolish man built his hi-fi upon the sand. The wise man built his hi-fi upon the brilliant pebbles.

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #109 of 248
I will forever look up to the Head-fier who puts up their HF-1 for sale for 10,000$ USD.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #112 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer H-fizzle(s)

that's fine if you're into the whole brevity thing.

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #113 of 248
The Five Things That Make Me The Coolest Audiophile In Perpetuity Throughout The Known Universe

-become a young republican, no matter how old you are, then bring down the party from within
-make as few posts as possible for the next 20 years
-tell everyone you know about your new hobby and pay absolutely no attention to how disinterested they are
-start collecting other really useful things like rocks and beer
-go see a movie on a friday night by yourself

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #115 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Five Things That Make Me The Coolest Audiophile In Perpetuity Throughout The Known Universe

-become a young republican, no matter how old you are, then bring down the party from within
-make as few posts as possible for the next 20 years
-tell everyone you know about your new hobby and pay absolutely no attention to how disinterested they are
-start collecting other really useful things like rocks and beer
-go see a movie on a friday night by yourself

i already like you!
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #116 of 248
Quote:

go see a movie on a friday night by yourself

Hey I did just that this past Friday! One out of five, I'm 1/5th cool then, at least for this week
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #119 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get on sacd lovers good side.....

although if you piss him off by "wronging" one of his buds your name will be removed from his "list". muahahahahahahahah..........

well you see, that is sort of what i meant by this whole thread, but... im too vague i think. too many hours in the saddle - my brain is in my bum

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #120 of 248
Quote:

-make as few posts as possible for the next 20 years.....

{...excerpted...}

This one gets me every time!

I am always so impressed at how cool REALLY long-time Head-Fiers are when I see a post count of, say, 106 since 2001.

I think to myself — "What reserve! How cool is this? Too cool to exist."

Then I find out he/she has been on audiophile sabbatical for 5.9 of the 6 years and has just re-entered the atmosphere.

It's a very cool stance, nonetheless.

(Count me out, of course.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back