How to attach pix to message?
Mar 22, 2007 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

electrathecat

500+ Head-Fier
Forgive this silly question, but how does one attach a photo file to a message so that the photo itself (and not a link) shows up in the message?
confused.gif
This is probably intuitive, but I can't figure it out from searching this site.
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 8
And to help people get skip the "click to image to view pic" stage, just go to the uploaded pic (the largest one), copy image location or go to properties and get image url if you're using IE, and on your post type in

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 8
I just figured this out recently, even though there have been several posts asking and giving advice, I still wasn't able to figure out exactly what they meant.

Here's my 'simple' explanation on how I do it.

First, I post my pix to photobucket, which is a free, online hosting site.

Next, on photobucket, underneath the picture I want to post it says 'URL Link' 'HTML Tag' and 'IMG Code.' Click the last box, 'IMG Code,' and a little box flashes "copied."

Last, hit 'paste' in your Head-Fi reply where you want the pic.

Works for me. Hope that was understandable. Let us know if you have additional questions and good luck!

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for all the excellent, elucidating responses -- much appreciated!

Mar 23, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just figured this out recently, even though there have been several posts asking and giving advice, I still wasn't able to figure out exactly what they meant.

Here's my 'simple' explanation on how I do it.

First, I post my pix to photobucket, which is a free, online hosting site.

Next, on photobucket, underneath the picture I want to post it says 'URL Link' 'HTML Tag' and 'IMG Code.' Click the last box, 'IMG Code,' and a little box flashes "copied."

Last, hit 'paste' in your Head-Fi reply where you want the pic.

Works for me. Hope that was understandable. Let us know if you have additional questions and good luck!

Thanks cooter from me too, i've been doin a bit of head scratching lately on how to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back