How to Attach a Neutrik Jack?
Feb 12, 2004 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vtny

New Head-Fier
I’ve just finished soldering up my first Pimeta and thought I would take a break to do some case work. I have all of my holes drilled out and all of the parts fit.
580smile.gif

My only problem is with attaching the Neutrik jack. I have drilled out 2 holes for screws but the aluminum on the Hammond case does not seem to be thick enough to hold the threads on my #4 sheet metal screws. I tried to use a larger screw but managed to snap it trying to get it through the faceplate.
frown.gif

My question to the collective is how do I attach the Neutrik jack? Is it necessary to put a nylon washer behind the screw for the threads to catch or am I just missing something obvious? Any help or ideas would be a great help.

Thanks,
vtny

Feb 12, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Ditto!!

I have the same problem. The only solution ive found yet is to get some wide threaded screws with small heads and just jam them in there, but it isnt as attractive though. Also, what is the biggest size screw that will fit in there?

thanks

ivan c.

Feb 12, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 4
I use machined aluminum screws and nuts, not self tapping. Size 4-40, 0.5" length are ideal. I usually drill the holes slightly oversized to allow enough slack to adjust the position of the Neutrik so it is square to the panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back