How to amplify low audio only
Aug 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tntelle

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a device that can amplify low audio tones only. The idea is for my metal detrctor that emits noise based on size and depth and sometimes the tone is so low it's easily passed over. The recovery rate is quick between tonesets but there aren't overlapping. So, in essence I only want really low volume tones to be amplified and all other tones to be left unenhanced. If there are any ideas or devices that may do such a thing, please let me know. Thank you!!

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 6
  Use an audio player that has a graphic equaliser and then boost everything below 800hz until you get your desired effect.

By low he meant level, not frequency. An EQ won't do it.

You need something with a compressor. There's plenty of software tools and players that could do compression, and pro audio gear, but I don't know of any consumer devices that would just do compression to your signal from your metal detector.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Try a Fiio A13. It's a headphone amplifier with bass boost EQ. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CPUVPEM/

If the tones are low enough in bass, it will boost them.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 6
  By low he meant level, not frequency. An EQ won't do it.

You need something with a compressor. There's plenty of software tools and players that could do compression, and pro audio gear, but I don't know of any consumer devices that would just do compression to your signal from your metal detector.

I didn't realise this was in relation to a metal detector at first in fairness. You are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back