How to add another category?
Jan 30, 2015 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

my8950

New Head-Fier
I've been on here for a little bit and learning some things.
Now what I would like to do is add a category to my daily listing.
When I originally signed up, I chose 2 of these since I wasn't sure what I was doing.
However, now I would like to add something since that is where my interest is.

Does it make sense?

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 4
Do you mean subscriptions? There are subscribe buttons at the top & bottom of every forum.

If you mean just being able to post, a new head-fi member is restricted on where they post. They are required to be a member for a number of days and have a number of posts before you are promoted and will then be able to post anywhere. I think you should be pretty close to those minimums.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 4
I get an email daily or so about subscription updates.  This has a start in a category of Desktop Amps. 
I don't really have any interest in desktop amps, but I do have in personal players like my ipod thread.
I'd like to get more info on personal players and mods we can do to them vs. Desktop amps. 
Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill...

if I click under my "Edit your subscriptions" tab...
It list category, but I want to change my category.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 4
You have to subscribe to a forum for it to show up there. You should be able to remove the desktop amp forum, but you can't change it to a different forum. Also, under your subscription preferences, you can decide whether posting to a thread automatically subscribes you to that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back