How the West Was Won -- Led Zeppelin
Jun 15, 2003 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
I got this new CD for Fathers day. I am listening to it now and it is very well done. Brings back memories of my more youthful days and live concerts. If you want to know what it was like to be there get this 3 CD set. I may need to get the DVD as well, might as well go all out reliving the past.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 8
I was 15 when Zep was on what was to be thier last tour before John Bonham died.
Was I given permission to go?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

An opportunity forever lost in the mists of time....

Jun 15, 2003 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 8
I was lucky enough to have seen them 3 times. Being a little older I was luck and did not need permission.

Jun 15, 2003 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 8
i bought this album for my dad. i haven't given it to him yet today, but i'm fairly sure he'll like it. he saw them in boston in the 70's.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
I got this new CD for Fathers day. I am listening to it now and it is very well done. Brings back memories of my more youthful days and live concerts. If you want to know what it was like to be there get this 3 CD set. I may need to get the DVD as well, might as well go all out reliving the past.
biggrin.gif

So when you taking delivery on your new Cadillac?
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Old Pa
So when you taking delivery on your new Cadillac?
biggrin.gif

Well if I am reliving the past this would be my car:

cad67a.jpg

May 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 8
Looking through my CD collection for things to rip as ALAC or AIFF - I found that I bought the DVD audio version of this - it is 5.1 DVD Audio - but I can't find any other description of it - is it something I can play on my DX90? is it 16/44? or a higher resolution... Boy since I switched from an iPod I am down a rabbit hole.....

May 13, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #8 of 8
Looking through my CD collection for things to rip as ALAC or AIFF - I found that I bought the DVD audio version of this - it is 5.1 DVD Audio - but I can't find any other description of it - is it something I can play on my DX90? is it 16/44? or a higher resolution... Boy since I switched from an iPod I am down a rabbit hole.....

It should have a high resolution stereo track too. A quick google search says it's 24/48. You can rip it with DVD Audio Extractor (Windows & OSX), it's not free but has a 30 day trial. If you use a PC there is a freeware program called DVD Audio Explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back