How the Mighty TAS (The Absolute Sound) Would've Fallen Without a Bunch of wide-eyed TEENAGERS - Interest in this story????
Jun 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #76 of 97
Quote:
Quote:
Looks you guys might have a lot to catch up on... PM maybe? 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Eddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then who would we annoy?
tongue.gif

Point taken. Sorry.

se

Originally Posted by regnaDkciN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In other words, "**** and stop bothering the rest of us"...? Got it.

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  In fact, feel free to include me in the PM chain.  I might not chime in too much as I haven't the foggiest idea what you guys are talking about.  But I enjoy history.  I just mention it because of the whole off-topic thing.  
wink.gif

I'm new enough to this site that I didn't even know you could do a "PM chain."

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #78 of 97
Quote:
I'm new enough to this site that I didn't even know you could do a "PM chain."

Yup, up to a maximum of 8 recipients/participants.  Comes in handy! 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
In other words, "**** and stop bothering the rest of us"...? Got it.

Awwww, warren's ok. And he's right. We have strayed rather off topic. PM sent to you, longbow and warren.

Got it, see you in PMs fellas... and thanks Steve!

Quote:

And now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress.

Well said, take it away Mike!  Any updates? 

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #79 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi 

Looks you guys might have a lot to catch up on... PM maybe? 
smile.gif

This was  getting interesting..... Ahhhh, the memories of BBS's and CPM....

Quote:wazzzapsy
I just mention it because of the whole off-topic thing.  
wink.gif

Wot? these threads have topics..????   Learn somethin' new every day.....

Yes, can see the point.  Good work Warren.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #80 of 97
Quote:

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  In fact, feel free to include me in the PM chain.  I might not chime in too much as I haven't the foggiest idea what you guys are talking about.  But I enjoy history.  I just mention it because of the whole off-topic thing.  
wink.gif

Yeah I know Myles Astor, from back in the day  - and we're both on the Positive Feedback editorial team.  He's good people.
He'd also want this story to be told.  Actually I'm going to s/w him about it now that you've guys have mentioned it.

But lets keep this on-topic here.

However, if you guys wanna dig into history and Mr. Holt (I had love for the man, and he was always good to me) we can start a thread dedicated to that.

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #81 of 97
This is a TAS thread, not some irrelevant, long forgotten BBS thread. :p

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #82 of 97
Quote:
This is a TAS thread, not some irrelevant, long forgotten BBS thread.
tongue.gif

indeed sir!!

So speaking of that:

I need help with some names for the story:

Does ANYBODY have the TAS issue, I forget the number, but it's still digest-sized, and it has an alien on the cover????  It was released in 1996,
I need to know some names from the masthead.

ALL my TAS issues are in storage

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #83 of 97
Quote:
This is a TAS thread, not some irrelevant, long forgotten BBS thread.
tongue.gif

indeed sir!!

So speaking of that:

Does ANYBODY have the TAS issue, I forget the number, but it's still digest-sized, and it has an alien on the cover????  It was released in 1996,

Mike, if you look back at post #59, you'll see I included some of that information, and was quite ready to provide you with answers to any further questions you had. ,

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #84 of 97
Quote:
indeed sir!!

So speaking of that:

I think I do, actually. I'll be home this weekend, and I'll update the thread. 

NK

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #85 of 97
As I keep trying to tell Mike, I have that issue right here on the desk, have provided him some of the info from there on this very thread, and am ready to provide anything else he needs. I can't understand why I keep pointing that out, and he keeps ignoring me while asking if anyone else has that issue! What do I need to do, scan the whole thing and post it here, page by page???

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #86 of 97
Quote:
As I keep trying to tell Mike, I have that issue right here on the desk, have provided him some of the info from there on this very thread, and am ready to provide anything else he needs. I can't understand why I keep pointing that out, and he keeps ignoring me while asking if anyone else has that issue! What do I need to do, scan the whole thing and post it here, page by page???

I'm sure he'll resolve the issue...

NK

EDIT: Cheezy unintentional magazine pun noted 

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #87 of 97
Quote:
As I keep trying to tell Mike, I have that issue right here on the desk, have provided him some of the info from there on this very thread, and am ready to provide anything else he needs. I can't understand why I keep pointing that out

I'm pretty sure it's just oversight, but it does crack me up so I'm just going to keep silent and see how long this joke can run. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #88 of 97
Quote:
Quote:
As I keep trying to tell Mike, I have that issue right here on the desk, have provided him some of the info from there on this very thread, and am ready to provide anything else he needs. I can't understand why I keep pointing that out

I'm pretty sure it's just oversight, but it does crack me up so I'm just going to keep silent and see how long this joke can run. 
biggrin.gif

Maybe if regnaDkciN posted a pic of the issue on top of a turntable, Mike would pay attention...
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #89 of 97
Quote:
Maybe if regnaDkciN posted a pic of the issue on top of a turntable, Mike would pay attention...
biggrin.gif

SORRY GUYS!
I had to put the article on-hold.

My wifey is very sick (not flu kinda sick - but really sick).

My utmost apologies.  
Trust me I NEED to finish this piece, and I wholly appreciate ALL THE SUPPORT.

Alexandra just needs me right now

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #90 of 97
Quote:
Mike, if you look back at post #59, you'll see I included some of that information, and was quite ready to provide you with answers to any further questions you had. ,

I'm SO psyched you have this issue!!!!

I'll get back to this ASAP.
This week is touch (lots of tests and doctors appointments, etc.)

BUT THANK YOU!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back