How the Mighty TAS (The Absolute Sound) Would've Fallen Without a Bunch of wide-eyed TEENAGERS - Interest in this story????
Jun 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #16 of 97
they, just thought of a possible title... Youngblood Transfusion

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 97
Quote:
Lishten Shonny, do you wanna reachh my age?   Hith the ankle, dude.

I've been putting my all into reaching new blood for this amazing hobby for years (high end audio).  Most of the stuff that turns the younger people off is the elitist attitude of the high end.

That said - this will NOT be a story that indicts ANYBODY.

I'm merely trying to tell the story of the people that stood behind Harry Pearson and The Absolute Sound to keep it alive,
and the fact that it was a group of younger people who kept it alive!!  So it's no wonder the community that's thriving today
is here!  We're passionate, we support each other, we lift each other up!  That's why we worked for many months without 
pay for Harry!!!!

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 97
Quote:
The younger generation certainly take things for granted.

Who ya callin' young gramps?  I'm older than you think.  I just got that Asian age camouflage thing goin' on! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 97
Quote:
I've been putting my all into reaching new blood for this amazing hobby for years (high end audio).  Most of the stuff that turns the younger people off is the elitist attitude of the high end.

That said - this will NOT be a story that indicts ANYBODY.

I'm merely trying to tell the story of the people that stood behind Harry Pearson and The Absolute Sound to keep it alive,
and the fact that it was a group of younger people who kept it alive!!  So it's no wonder the community that's thriving today
is here!  We're passionate, we support each other, we lift each other up!  That's why we worked for many months without 
pay for Harry!!!!

And here I was hoping for "Fear and Loathing in Sea Cliff: Chasing the Audiophile Dream, Damn near to Extinction"

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #23 of 97
Quote:
And here I was hoping for "Fear and Loathing in Sea Cliff: Chasing the Audiophile Dream, Damn near to Extinction"

I think you just gave me the title for the article!  IF you are OK with that sir.
PLS PM me w/ your info that you'd like to be shared (your Head-Fi handle or your name) because you just became part of the story!

THANK YOU!!!!

Because there's plenty of excess and debauchery, enough to make Gonzo's fist tighter than a ______

You also just hit me right in the gut.
A very close, dearly departed friend of mine (Lee Weiland, formerly of Cryo-Parts and Locus Design) used to call me the
Hunter S. Thompson of audio journalism - though my friends know - and I'll admit now - that we actually faught over that!  LOL

Because I could NEVER live up to that!  Screwjack changed my life, as did The Rum Diary (oh man, next to the book that film
was a steaming pile).

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 97
Quote:
I think you just gave me the title for the article!  IF you are OK with that sir.
PLS PM me w/ your info that you'd like to be shared (your Head-Fi handle or your name) because you just became part of the story!

THANK YOU!!!!

Because there's plenty of excess and debauchery, enough to make Gonzo's fist tighter than a ______

You also just hit me right in the gut.
A very close, dearly departed friend of mine (Lee Weiland, formerly of Cryo-Parts and Locus Design) used to call me the
Hunter S. Thompson of audio journalism - though my friends know - and I'll admit now - that we actually faught over that!  LOL

Because I could NEVER live up to that!  Screwjack changed my life, as did The Rum Diary (oh man, next to the book that film
was a steaming pile).

I'm flattered. Audiophilia needs some gonzo rear kicking right about now. A little irreverence is a good thing ( heaps of it even better).

I am going to enjoy reading that article.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #25 of 97
Jun 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #26 of 97
I dunno Mike, I am sure the purpose of audio press is only to market Burmeister 909 amps...After all you do need at least 2 of them with your YG speakers...
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #27 of 97
Quote:
I dunno Mike, I am sure the purpose of audio press is only to market Burmeister 909 amps...After all you do need at least 2 of them with your YG speakers...
evil_smiley.gif

I'm smiling to the point of cracking my cheeks wide-open!

Have any of you guys read my What is the Future of the High End series in PFO?

That's been my way of trying to light a fire under their asses.  It was also the VERY FIRST article (PART I) that Harry was so proud of he was going
to read from it when he addressed attendees at RMAF 2009!! (BIG honor for me) - but, instead, he asked me to get up and speak to the crowd!!!  
That damn bastid.  There's a video of it - you can see HERE.  

I was totally caught off-guard, but he knows my passion is always there.
THIS WAS A HUGE MOMENT FOR ME GUYS - I was SO nervous - but he did this for a reason...

Now I know it's my job to keep speaking the truth - as Harry Pearson taught me, and thus the phrase attached to the OG The Absolute Sound:
Truth Spoken Here

and speaking of visionairies!  He had that phrase printed on tons of stickers (TAS - Truth Spoken Here) and when the magazine was sold they trashed em!

I'm SO psyched to have the Head-Fi tribe behind me on this one!!

basking in the incredible audible glow of this rig right now:

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #28 of 97
Quote:
I'm smiling to the point of cracking my cheeks wide-open!

Have any of you guys read my What is the Future of the High End series in PFO?

That's been my way of trying to light a fire under their asses.  It was also the VERY FIRST article (PART I) that Harry was so proud of he was going
to read from it when he addressed attendees at RMAF 2009!! (BIG honor for me) - but, instead, he asked me to get up and speak to the crowd!!!  
That damn bastid.  There's a video of it - you can see HERE.  

I was totally caught off-guard, but he knows my passion is always there.
THIS WAS A HUGE MOMENT FOR ME GUYS - I was SO nervous - but he did this for a reason...

Now I know it's my job to keep speaking the truth - as Harry Pearson taught me, and thus the phrase attached to the OG The Absolute Sound:
Truth Spoken Here

and speaking of visionairies!  He had that phrase printed on tons of stickers (TAS - Truth Spoken Here) and when the magazine was sold they trashed em!

I'm SO psyched to have the Head-Fi tribe behind me on this one!!

basking in the incredible audible glow of this rig right now:

Nothing like being shot into an impromtu public speaking engagement:)  We are sort of looking at a somwhat polarized community here when it comes to truth. There is the camp that thinks you can measure it and the camp that just goes by what appeals to their ears. Anybody who can broker a peace between the two is going to get some audio version of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #29 of 97
Quote:
Nothing like being shot into an impromtu public speaking engagement:)  We are sort of looking at a somwhat polarized community here when it comes to truth. There is the camp that thinks you can measure it and the camp that just goes by what appeals to their ears. Anybody who can broker a peace between the two is going to get some audio version of the Nobel Peace Prize.

I gave up on the Objectivists 30+ years ago when .0000000001% THD was all the rage.

If it sounds good to me, it is good gear!

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 97
Quote:

I gave up on the Objectivists 30+ years ago when .0000000001% THD was all the rage.

If it sounds good to me, it is good gear!

Oh crap, chum in the water
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back