How tall is a Meta Mint?
Jun 27, 2003 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bryce H.

New Head-Fier
I saw a small mint tin at 7 eleven, so I thought I would buy it and see if it will fit a Meta Mint board. So how tall is it after it is configured (Like the capacitors, I guess)? Thanks for your help

Jun 27, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 3
The electrolytics and the input caps are the tallest thing on the board. The Panasonic FC 470µF/16v electros are about 0.5" high. The 1.0µF poly input caps are the same.

Jun 27, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 3
If you cut it in half and reattach the halves so that it mounts with the two board halves vertical, then it's as tall as will fit in an Altoids or Penguin mint tin.

If you mount it with the board parallel to the bottom of the case, the tallest thing is likely to be the Panasonic pot, if you board mount it. If you wire the pot to the board, the next will be the caps, as JMT said. Don't forget to count the extra height taken by the solder joints on the bottom of the board and whatever insulation you have to put underneath the board to keep it from shorting against the case. That's one big advantage of cutting the board and mounting the halves vertically -- no insulation needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back