how sensitive the IEMs prone to malfunction from mishaps/abusive?
Apr 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hertzamplifier

Head-Fier
I mean like if the IEM pop out from your ear and drop to the floor or not treating it nicely like just drop the IEM to the table or any surface after using it.
I ask because now days IEM especially the high end one have many electronics component inside them that make up the driver like the Ultimate Ears 10 and they looks fragile and prone to damaged with such treatment(from what I think).
Because the component inside them might fall apart from each other/moved from their original position and make them malfunction or imbalance like the bass slightly reduced or the high suddenly become imbalance and produce 'shh' sound when pronounce 's' or some of the driver dead completely.

LOL.what a stupid question..Is there such a thing?
confused_face.gif

Correct me if im wrong.Thx..

Ooo yea,and can you guys tell the worst thing happened to your IEM and they still 100% fine (in term of sound reproduction).

Sorry for my bad English.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 3
Generally the cable is the most fragile. Some IEMs have replaceable cables, however if you damage the female receptacles in the earpiece (read TF.10), SNAFU.
MX W1 still has a long way to go.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally the cable is the most fragile. Some IEMs have replaceable cables, however if you damage the female receptacles in the earpiece (read TF.10), SNAFU.
MX W1 still has a long way to go.

where to find TF.10,can you give the link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back