How old does a person have to be to buy a parental advisory cd?
Aug 9, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
There are a few exceptions, but for the most I'm pretty sure that the parental adviosry label degrades the quality of the music. I've only bought a few albums with the parental advisory label, and it's pretty clear that label somehow causes the music to be terrible.

Anyone else experience this?

Well I remember when I was into Nirvana... "Nevermind" had the Parental Advisory sticker. Didn't stop me from buying it, though, and I was around 13 when I bought it. That was only seven years ago. Then again, it was at a mom n' pop store. I doubt I could have gotten away with it at some stupid Walmart, Coconuts or FYE.

The obvious response is "hell no, that's not true", because the content of the music isn't the quality's determining factor. True, lots of artists hide behind releasing controversial/inappropriate material, but lots of other artists are simply very honest and are portraying something horrifyingly disgusting, scary, or life-like.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #19 of 19
Oh man, this reminds me of Years ago. Going into a CD store with my mum trying to convinced to buy me a heavy/death metal album.

I got the whole
her-"no it says here that it has swearing and violent language!!"
Me- "Mum, it's not that bad tryst me"
her-"let me ask an employee.

I never got that CD :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back