How often new models released?
Jul 19, 2009 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

talisman42

500+ Head-Fier
In the digital camera world, one could expect an upgraded model to be released in 18 months. When do headphones get updated? For example, how long has the Shure SE 530 been around and when would Shure be considering an update? I noticed from some feedback that Westone was years late on getting their 3's out..

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 6
Newest != better
Example from portable digital camera: Fujifilm FinePix F30/F31FD

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 6
There is no real rule or rhyme as to when audio companies push out their latest stuff, let alone announce they have plans for it.

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 6
That's freaky.. because I have the F30 and absolutely love it! (insert twilight zone theme music here)

A little off topic, but I'm also into photography. I have a Nikon D300, too. When I don't want to lug around the dslr, the F30 travels with me.

I do agree that new doesn't mean better. I just have a feeling that Shure and UE will be releasing a triple driver (low,med,hi instead of 2low and 1hi) Not that it's guaranteed to sound better, but I'm definitely curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by decay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newest != better
Example from portable digital camera: Fujifilm FinePix F30/F31FD

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no real rule or rhyme as to when audio companies push out their latest stuff, let alone announce they have plans for it.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 6
OT:
Alas, F31FD (altered v. of F30) is one superb and small camera, if only Fujifilm update the firmware so it has a histogram,
true manual mode, manual focus, add a custom self-timer and make sure it's in effect as long as you don't toggle it off... that be perfect.

I don't really think it's freaky though, dpreview gave it a highly recommended and Fujifilm had a $100 (or is it $50) rebate
the year F40FD was released, so it was relatively inexpensive.
Funny thing is, its value hasn't depreciated at all... a legend unsurpassed in many eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back