How often does Sennheiser release new products...
Apr 7, 2004 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ProParadox

100+ Head-Fier
I have this quirk about having to have the "best". I was wondering how long the HD600 was around before it was replaced by the 650? How long do you guys think the 650 will last as the flagship model?

Obviously, there are expensive electrostatics and such, but im just talking about Sennheisers dynamic lineup.

Apr 7, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 12
The HD600 was introduced a long time ago, about 1997 or 98. Although it has its detractors, many people still enjoy them today. Note that the HD650 is a very evolutionary upgrade, Sennheiser knew that they didn't want to completely re-design the success that they created originally.

Apr 7, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by HiWire
The HD600 was introduced a long time ago, about 1997 or 98. Although it has its detractors, many people still enjoy them today. Note that the HD650 is a very evolutionary upgrade, Sennheiser knew that they didn't want to completely re-design the success that they created originally.

Mmmk, so it can be guessed that if i buy these, I won't be hit with a case of sennheiser upgradeitis for at least a year or two?

Apr 7, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 12
Well, there's a rumour about an Orpheus II
wink.gif

Other than that, you should be okay... unless you want to check out serious cable upgrades and amps
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bye-bye wallet.

Apr 7, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by HiWire
Well, there's a rumour about an Orpheus II
wink.gif

Other than that, you should be okay... unless you want to check out serious cable upgrades and amps
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bye-bye wallet.

I'm thinking it will go like this with my purchases...

Senn 650's....Zu mobius....PPA....RME digi PAD.

Then I'll be done.

Maybe some shures and an ipod or three
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #6 of 12
proparadox,
that sounds like a very good, no wait, perfect line-up to me. there's no doubt in my mind that you will be awed by the sound...unless the Senn sound is not what you like. but the 650/Zu combo is pure ecstacy!!!

Apr 7, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 12
Most high end headphones seem to have very long product life cycles. Lower end headphones have a much shorter life span, usually changing to the whims of the consumer market. HD580 and HD600 has been selling for several years and I was surprise how long it took Sennheiser to replace them.

Before there was the HD600, there was the HD580 jubilee edition.
I think Sennheiser like to take a good design and modify them, evolving their products slowly over time figuring out what works and what doesn't work.

Anyways, what happened to the supposed HD700? Is the HD650 an interim step towards the HD700?

Apr 7, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by pedxing
Anyways, what happened to the supposed HD700? Is the HD650 an interim step towards the HD700?

Is there any official word on these? Or just rumors...? Rumors of numeric products are pretty easy to conjure. I.E. It doesnt take a genius to guess that the next high end sennheiser would be a HD700...
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back