How often do you swap Headphones in/out?
Jan 9, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #16 of 22
$6000 per month is a ludicrous amount to spend on gear. I could maybe understand that with 2 channel equipment but on headphones you'd essentially be able to purchase practically everything worth looking at within the year and the journey is over.
I'm pretty sure the purchases are part of @dunring 's job, think he mentioned it in another post, that they buy a lot of gear at his work.
6K for personal use would be absolutely nuts 😁

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 22
All throughout the day. My Sennheiser HD 660S2 are my daily primary use. I put on my Sennheiser HD 560S for gaming only, otherwise I cannot stand the neutral tonality. They just have great soundstage for gaming. I put on my Meze 99 Noir with Dekoni Elite pads when I need jam out to my music to with less audio bleed since my wife and I work from home.

Jan 10, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #19 of 22
Out of all the headphones I own which get frequent use, I usually reach for one or another depending on the type of music I’ll be listening to:

- ZMF Verité Closed: Ambient, Darkwave, Post-Punk… any type of music which might benefit from that slight cup reverb effect. Anytime I need to isolate myself.
- Audeze LCD3 prefazor: Electronic, Dub… bass heavy music in general.
- Sennheiser HD600: Vocal music, acoustic guitar.
- Focal Utopia OG / ZMF Auteur OG: Pretty much anything else. I’ll choose one or the other depending on my mood, if I’m going to do an active listening or just want to chill…

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #20 of 22
I have 2 amps and 2 headphones (one more incoming). So I fire everything all at once. I will actually listen to both headphones and my speakers on most listening sessions.

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 22
I will swap during every listening session at some point. Sometimes it's a thing where i listen to a shuffle of like 10 songs in a row and i want to hear it on another pair. Other times a good song comes on and i just want to hear it through a different pair, then i go back. I have everything level matched via monitor controls so swapping back is minimal fuss.

While i do own a bit more than two headphones, I've settled in to the two that will cover any genre and the choice for me is more how close does the presentation feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back