how often do you reinstall / restore your computer's OS
Mar 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #32 of 37
I'm actually going to fresh install OS X today on my Macbook (late 2008) if I get the chance because my Widgets don't work properly and I have no idea why. I've tried reinstalling it with the installation disc but it didn't work. Also I've tried restoring permissions, clearing the caches, etc. but alas, the Widgets still doesn't work. It shouldn't be too bad since I basically just need to move my music and school files over to my external hard drive.

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #36 of 37
Thank you.

I haven't had reason to do anything. I had a bug but it was removed when I took Norton off the computer. It should be illegal for companies to slip in malware when you don't continue with their product. I kept getting a security warning that my computer was corrupted and upgrade now to fix the problem. I fixed the problem by removing Norton and replacing with a free service.

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #37 of 37
You hit the figurative nail on the head. BSD was a pain, though I do have 3 operating systems on my notebook right now... just not BSD. Soon I will be adding Ubuntu Studio to Win7, Ubuntu 10.10, and Splashtop. After that it's whatever gNome3 OS comes around that I like (hoping for a stable Ubuntu repository soon.)

Quote:
success.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back