How often do you change your flanges?
Oct 31, 2004 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Heidshade

New Head-Fier
For users of Etymotic ER4 or 6, with the silicone/rubber tri-flanges - how often do you swap them for new ones?
I've been using mine, with occasional washing in soapy water, since May....

Oct 31, 2004 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 7
My ER-20's get earwax on them and start to turn yellow. I throw them in hydrogen peroxide for a bit. Good as new.

Oct 31, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Of all the tips I used with my shure's, it seemed that the tri-flanges were the best at mining earwax from my canals.

However, daily cleanings aside, they were almost indestructable, and definately less expensive than the ety foamies which provided the best performance.

Nov 2, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 7
Not very often, but I do find that after a long period of time they get kind of soft to the point where you don't get a good seal and they slip out of your ears easily.

Nov 2, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 7
I begin to consider replacing mine when they start slipping off the stem when I go to remove my E3, leaving a rubber plug deep within my ear, with no way to get it out, at the most inconvenient time.

Nov 3, 2004 at 7:45 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
Not very often, but I do find that after a long period of time they get kind of soft to the point where you don't get a good seal and they slip out of your ears easily.

interesting. i've found the my older softer flanges are easier to get a good seal and are more comfortable compared to new ones. i've recently used my old flanges for my er6i and have been using new ones for my er4p. unfortunately it's forcing my ear canals to get used to the whole earphone thing again since the new ones are so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back