How nuts have you gone with your KSC75?
Jul 16, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recabled, but the cables were too stiff and effected the comfort and microphonics.

true dat. I have my 75's recabled with SPC, and it is quite stiff & microphonic. But some say that if I added Techflex over the SPC it'll be alot less microphonic, but that leaves the stiffness.

Jul 16, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #17 of 26
The more and more encouraging things I read about the KSC75, the more I feel like I'm going to be disappointed even more
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #18 of 26
I use mogami mini quad -- nice and flexible, no microphonics to speak of.

Don't fret, assorted. Keep in mind, they're amazing "for the price".

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gave my only pair away. Is that nuts?

To Who!? Oh to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Infact I loved the KSC-75 the fordgtlover gave me so much that I sold my MS-1's =P

Once again fordgtlove <3 thank you!

Jul 16, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #20 of 26
I got some ksc75's from steviebee. Had good luck finding a old headband and did the kramer mod. The sound is amazing.
My fav. headphones.

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #21 of 26
I tried the cheap headband mod on a pair of KSC75s but couldn't stand it, so I promptly went back to the clips. I did take a second pair of drivers and put them into a Sennheiser HD201 enclosure w/ blue tak for sound tweaking and am fairly satisfied with the result. I am seriously considering making some cups out of wood for that pair to see what the result of that will be.

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #22 of 26
I haven't modded yet, but will be soon. I've loved my Porta's for years, so enjoying the 75's are no surprise. I picked up two pair of the 75's and 35's so I could keep a stock set and have fun modding. I suspect I will soon hunt and aquire more in the series.

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more and more encouraging things I read about the KSC75, the more I feel like I'm going to be disappointed even more
frown.gif

I just got the KSC75 I ordered for a friend and I was blown away despite all the hype. They're almost as good as my HD600 for a fraction of the price.

Hopefully upgrading the sound card to an Auzen Prelude will increase the gap between them
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 26
1.standard dremel modding
2.standard quarter mod
3. custom foam disc cup mod
DSC00264.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

I used foam discs from a toy foam disc shooter, cut them out to size, and slipped them under the foam pads. The bass extension is most noticeable and the extra distance creates a bit more welcome separation. I also like that it fits a bit tighter so you get a tighter fit against your ear. it's more annoying to put on but once it's on it's nice. I'm interested in a headband mod though and maybe some mogami mini starquad....

edit: 4. clip rotation range mod. this is a necessity for the foam discs so that the clips don't pop off all the time
DSC00261.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back