How much would you spend to attend a NYC Head-Fi Meet?
Sep 10, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #16 of 18
Erizken I officially nominate you for coordinator! I remember Bozebuttons saying that he'd like to pass the mantle on to someone else this year, so why not you? lan was the man for our mini-meet, maybe if you co-coordinate with him it can help the load. I would help too but as a dad and dog walker among other things, time is at a premium. In fact, i'm typing this at work as we speak inbetween answering emails lol! But I'd love to attend and bring what I have if it's not a duplicate, so sign me up to pay up to, hmm, $20!

Sep 10, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #17 of 18
Thanks Jahn for volunteering me!
blink.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif

Let's see, I'm a dad, a grad student, a new home owner of an old house that constantly needs work and I have a pregnant wife. And I'm at work, too. Actually, that's one lucky thing, I do work from home when I'm not traveling on business.
plainface.gif

Like I said, I don't have a lot of experience with a lot of the gear. I don't know my Meitner from my Blue Hawaii
redface.gif
. I'd hate for this to be a disaster after so many successes. It's a big commitment and I don't like to do anything half-assed. I would need to think about it and have a bit more encouragement and/or support from the community.

Sep 15, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #18 of 18
It seems pretty obvious to me that if we charge any money we will limit attendance to the meet or end up costing a few members a disproportionate amount of money. It has also been raised by jpelg and others that charging money will artificially raise expectations. I think we should try as hard as possible to find a venue that is either free or very cheap.

We also need to judge interest in a fall meet so we know how much space we're actually going to need and we'll need to nail down a date. I will post an IC thread.

If anybody has any suggestions for space please post. I am working on getting my school (SJU) to give us space and meech is looking at some space in Manhattan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back