How much would you spend on jeans?
Apr 15, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #16 of 91
$20 They are all made in China/Malaysia anyway, even the most expensive ones. No point in paying big money when they are all the same quality. Unless of course you must have the latest style, I don't, so plain jeans suit me just fine.

Apr 15, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 91
I generally buy my jeans at Costco for $20-25. They usually have Levi Silver Tab, CK, or Ralph Lauren. Since those are the brands I'd buy anyway, I might as well pay 1/3-1/2 what they cost in department stores. Considering all of the discount shops available and that you really don't get very good service in the department stores anymore, I see no reason to pay the inflated prices.

Apr 15, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #18 of 91
I used to wear slim fit Levi's Silver Tab models mostly for quite a long period - typically light stone or black at that time. Nowadays I prefer Lee Brooklyns in black or dark stone, usually sized 32/34 or 32/32.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #19 of 91
$25-$35

Depends on the fit, If I could get some REALLY nice fitting jeans.

Also every new pair of jeans I buy is rough, How do I break them in or so?

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #20 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Depends on the fit, If I could get some REALLY nice fitting jeans.
?

if you could get some really nice ones that weren't all rough, but comfortable, how much would you pay for them?

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #22 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
if you could get some really nice ones that weren't all rough, but comfortable, how much would you pay for them?

Gap jeans are like that - they're not bulky, fit me perfectly, and of course look 200% more stylish than Costo jeans
tongue.gif
$50 regular price, down to maybe $35 on sale.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #25 of 91
Unfortunately Levi's are really expensive in Europe but it's also what I wear the most so it's usually $100, or more if it's something a bit more special like Boss or Diesel jeans that cost around $150-200. I find it really difficult to find jeans with a good-looking cut in a short amount of shopping time and the shops that have mostly stylish clothes are pretty expensive. But since shoes and jeans are what I wear the most throughout the year, I guess it's okay.

As for the Asian sweatshop arguments, I personally don't pay for where they were produced - unless under moral reservations - or how many labour hours went into them, but how the jeans look and how long they can uphold that look if used frequently.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #26 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer

I would say $120ish....

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #28 of 91
I'm a bigger guy also, and prefer old navy jeans for fit, feel, cost. Normally don't pay more then 29.99 or so. Always look for sales.

I am pretty practical on clothes though. Don't need anything fancy.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #29 of 91
20$ quite always , 25$ maximum
jeans , jackets , whatever
shirts ususally 1-3 $
I love cheap , I go cheap whenever I can , I quite hate brands but some of them do nice things , I like to search&find when is about nice&cheap wears .

Jeans can be very EASILY found for under 25$ , it's difficult to justify and spend more then this for me

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #30 of 91
I used to wear Levi's®, but ever since they stopped their US production and moved to China the quality has really decreased to the same levels as Wal*Mart's® Faded Glory® jeans, so I'll just pay $10 for the FG jeans, rather than $50-65 for Levi's® (same quality, different label).

As a fat, married, white guy, I have nobody to impress anymore, and could care less about what "brand" my pants are. I also buy Payless® shoes. More money to waste on my music collection or on motorbike related spenditures (gas, chrome doodads, etc etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back