How much will an amp improve a zune through its headphone out?
Apr 7, 2007 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ZackP

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all, I was wondering how much of a difference a headphone amp will make to a zune, coming through it's headphone out. Thank you to all that reply

Apr 7, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 17
We need to know which headphones will be used. Amping very efficient phones will have little affect by itself (though it can change the signature). Inefficient phones are another story.

May 1, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 17
The zune is great without an amp, but I stepped up quickly.... from a cmoy to a Grado RA-1, and now a Go-Vibe 6! I'm using the amps with Grado SR225's. The amps drive them very well from the zune headphone out. Sounds much better than the ipod headphone out.....

The GV6 just came in today an sounds great. I'm still trying to figure out the best levels with the zune and GV. Sounds great with the zune at about 15 and the GV up about 3/4!

May 1, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #11 of 17
Some people say there are dramatic differences some people say there isn't. It's up to you to see. Amping always helps though.

May 1, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what? zune has no line out?

the Zune Dock as an A/V out option, so I believe it does have a line-out option. however, there is no way to access it without the zune dock, which is by no means portable.

May 1, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #13 of 17
You can find some places that sell zune docking part so you can wire yourself up a line out to hook up to your amp, that would get you the best sound. Not that I have ever experienced amped line out source, but I read it's superb.

May 1, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #14 of 17
The Zune dock is basically a small charging station and amp, the base has its own amplifier so its not a line out, plus the plug in the back is recessed so only slim straight plugs fit ( which stinks cause the plug for my grados did not fit nor did the right angle plug for my UE super.fi's) The dock needs to be redesigned to be a true line out before its worth the $40.00 asking price.

May 1, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #15 of 17
YOu may want to check my thread HERE too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back