How Much Water Do You Drink?
Aug 11, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 55
I drink as much water as can be found within the ingredients of soda
biggrin.gif
, outside of that, none at all. I don't believe there is any benefit to doing so.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
I drink as much water as can be found within the ingredients of soda
biggrin.gif
, outside of that, none at all. I don't believe there is any benefit to doing so.

My gf believes the same thing =). Iono, I just feel like my body is more cleansed if I drink water I suppose.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 55
Since I'm a cross country runner, summer = high mileage. It's also been very hot here this summer, so I've been drinking 9-10 bottles of water per day. Let's just say that I'm so hydrated, I could get away with never flushing
eek.gif

edit: Haha, I hope my mom doesn't read this thread!

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 55
Not as much as I should. Pure water, maybe a glass a day. I probably take in at least 4 a day when you figure in the water content of juice and milk (both of which I'm fond of), but still, I should have more.

If I'm going running, PT, yardwork, or anything else outside, I usually try to drink at least 2 glasses of water both before and after the activity.

There was one summer when I was working at camp that I drank a good 6 glasses a day. I'll admit, I felt a lot better during that time. Always seemed more awake and energized. Definitely something to be said for proper hydration.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 55
I drink about two gallons a day. But then agian I am fitness guy.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 55
Usually a hell of a lot. Last summer, I'd down probably at least 10-15 full glasses of water. (luckily we buy the cheap s**t, it tastes pretty decent)

Now a little less, cause I have the AC on, and I've become accustomed to drinking soda with meals. BTW, if I'm skateboarding or working out or moving a lot in general, I've been known to taken 20 or more glasses. Trying to cut back, it's probably not good for me. My skin complexion is really nice though.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 55
I don't see how drinking too much water can be bad for you. However, there have been cases of people dieing during a marathon due to the intake of too much water. Apparently they completely depleted their bodies salt supply...

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 55
I've read that not only do some people die of overhydration during races, far more people are handicapped by the effects of overhydration than by dehydration and heat stroke in the typical road race.

Aug 11, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
I've read that not only do some people die of overhydration during races, far more people are handicapped by the effects of overhydration than by dehydration and heat stroke in the typical road race.

Yeah you don't want to know how many times I've stopped in the middle of a race to take a leak because I drank too much water. My coach was slightly perturbed when I did it at Nationals last year...

biggrin.gif

But seriously, there is such thing as overhydration, and bln is definately correct.

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I don't see how drinking too much water can be bad for you. However, there have been cases of people dieing during a marathon due to the intake of too much water. Apparently they completely depleted their bodies salt supply...

For normal cases of over consumption, I'm guessing that the only harm is overworking the kidneys. How much harm is overworking the kidneys?...I have no idea.

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy

Overconsumption of water has been linked to fatalities in cases involving Ecstasy use, for reasons similar to those in the links supplied by Warubozu.

Edit: google Loop +Diuretic for some interesting information on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back