How much to ask for a 1yo headphone when selling?
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nangamu

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Hifi Forum.

Wanted to post in the "for sale" - but seems its not the appropriate place.

I want to sell a 1yo set of headphones, the TMA-1 by Aiaiai. They have been very well cared for, come in the original package with the additional ear-pads still unused and a second coiled cable. I bought them for some 230$ US and plan to sell them in the next couple of weeks. Additionally, where I am living right now, the headphones are not available in stores and cannot be ordered, meaning if somebody wanted these cans, they would have to pay additional shipping and tax fees.

Since I am buying and selling headphones every once in a while, is there a general guidance, as there often is with cars, how much money can be asked after 6 month, a year, 2 years and so on?

Thank you for your help.

Nangamu

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 4
All used items can be fairly stated to be worth at least 15% less than new, no matter how good of condition it's in. You also have to subtract that from the price that the headphones are currently selling for, on average -- not what you paid for them. Take off another 3-5% or so each for things like missing accessories or torn earpads. And, even for a "beater" pair, as long as they function well, you probably shouldn't subtract more than 40% of their current value when new.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Another way of judging is generally just to see the prices that they're set at on the FS forum and price around that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back