How much of your music is downloaded?
Nov 28, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 19
I said < 25%. I'd still say > 75% of my music is in MP3, but that's different. I don't use things like WinMX, KaZaa, etc much for getting my MP3s. Only if it's like an obscure MP3 or something. I use mIRC mostly.

EDIT: In case you meant to include things like mIRC, my bad, I interpreted the question wrong.

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 19
Most of the music i download these days is SHN.

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 19
chillysalsa, I added a "None" category for people who don't download music at all
smily_headphones1.gif
(since the <25% category doesn't indicate that)

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 19
Personally, I'm at about under 50%.

Today I spent 2 hours tracking down a 1981 bootleg of Kraftwerk live in Paris.

Then spent 2 hours removing all the clicks with with Cooledit so I could burn it to a CDR.

I think that illustrates my love/hate relationship with filesharing, but it's more love than hate!

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #7 of 19
I won't download music. The quality sucks and my computer speakers and sound card suck compared to my D25S, and really suck compared to my home cdp that should show up in the near future.

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:53 AM Post #8 of 19
Are we going on a track-by track basis or solely on time. I have many live trance sets which are well over 2 hours long each, but are only one file.

Oh, and does FTP count as a filesharing protocal?

Oh well, by either mesure I'm under 25%.

Nov 28, 2002 at 12:20 PM Post #10 of 19
When I see an artist rec here, I download a couple of tunes to see if I might like them. If I do, I purchase the CD. I must have good quality.
bj

Nov 28, 2002 at 4:11 PM Post #13 of 19
If the question is how much of my permanent music is downloaded, my answer is < 25%, likely in the single digits. I download plenty of stuff, but only for previewing purposes. Once I know if I'd like to buy the music or not, I delete the files.

Nov 28, 2002 at 5:35 PM Post #15 of 19
I voted the <25% only because there are some songs on my old computer that I got through a 9 person FTP group that a friend of mine set up. I know that the music I got there came from other places like napster etc. That project ended when the server got fried by California's power problems last year.

I have some dowloaded stuff on this one but only from places like the artist's site, or places selling CD's, the test drive samples. Then I signed up for Emusic and got 49 songs from them. All lo-fi 128 music btw.

I have none from any p2p program because it's usually lo-fi and ain't worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back